Sunday, November 28, 2010

Leaving…and arriving

final-photoIt’s been a long trip and a long week, and it’s time to find the missing posts and then sign off. It’s been a long week, which is nice, because usually things like this feel like they’ve been over in a flash. 

I didn’t get out to the walk in the morning yesterday because I was helping make the rooms the right shape again, and then we had a long debrief. It was a chance to think forward into the future, and look at what we’d do better next time and what else we’d like to do.  In the end, the three things I’d take away are the importance of fixed points (a more regular framework to the day), of skilful action (doing things that make the whole situation better), and having enough time for a more rigorous technical setup.

27112010368 Since then I’ve been unpeeling layers of people – down to just me staying behind an hour at the Szechenyi Baths in Budapest at lunch-time.  A rather unexpected media lunch in my usual BP internet cafe (hi guys, if you’re reading), and eventually I’m back in my office minus one bottle of red wine that got mashed all over the inside of my luggage.  I’m still learning things about flash video, but by tomorrow it’ll back to the day job and on to pastures new.

1 comment:

  1. Szombat reggelre 20 cm vastag hó borította a tájat és az első hó ártatlan tisztaságával borította el a lelkeket. Arra ébredtünk, hogy a szomszéd faházban táborozó nehézatléták keresték szitkozódva súlyaikat, mert este szanaszét hagyták, és nem találták őket a hó alatt. Rossz jelnek tűnt, hogy az erdei iskola előtti erdészeti úton egy traktor vontatott egy másikat, és a regeglire várva kicsit aggódva ástuk ki az autókat. :-) Ám előbb-utóbb mindenkinek sikerült elindulnia: ki hazafelé, ki pedig a nagyvázsonyi túrára. Nagyon régen nem látttam ilyen gyönyörű tájat, a fák ágain megült a hó. Mindent betöltött az első hó lélekvidámító nyugalma: azt éreztük, hogy az se baj, ha senki nem megy sehova....

    ReplyDelete