Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Responsibility - Wednesday 00h30


Today/yesterday/Tuesday, what ever we want to call it – a long day with a 20 minute nap in the middle and not much down time apart from that.  We’ve made enormous progress, I think, but some of it has been bludgeoned along.  I’m sure we’re half a day short somewhere. 

The theme of the day was telling stories, through words, through images, through movement and myths.  If the highpoint yesterday was seeing the joy of being in charge of the camera for the first time, then today the big payoff came at the end when we saw the first films arriving. Shining faces – I’m always surprised at how quickly groups can become imaginative film-makers.  It’s a step into freedom and I think the foundation of some of PV’s power.

The thing that’s keeping me up at night now is a feeling that we could be better prepared for tomorrow.  We’ve got trainees interviewing in the morning , and there’s still all that stuff on facilitation, on active listening and so on and so on that I’d like to do.  I’m happy they’ll be happy, but I feel some responsibility for the experience of the people they’ll be working with. Will they be coming from Mars?  We’ve warned the interviewees that the groups are learning to do this for the first time.  I suppose everything has to happen for the first time some time, but right now I’d happily take up an offer to stay in bed and let someone else sort it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment